Friday 11 March 2011

Chocolate Brownies

As it was my brother -in-laws birthday yesterday I decided to make him some chocolate brownies as I knew they are his favourites from what I bake (the last time I baked these he took the whole box).
And I thought I would make a post about them, showing how I make them and what I use.



Ingredients

65g (2 ½ oz) butter
2 eggs
255g (8 oz) sugar
75g (3 oz) plain flour
5g (1 tsp) baking powder
45g (3 tbsp) cocoa powder
100g (4 oz) bourbon biscuits

Directions

Melt the butter and leave to cool slightly
Beat the eggs and sugar until they are light and fluffy
Sift together the flour and baking powder
Stir the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, bourbons and melted butter into the egg mixture. Mix well
Spoon the brownie mixture into a greased 20cm (8 in) square baking tray
Bake for 30 minutes
Cut the brownies into squares while they are warm, but leave in their pan until they have cooled completely.


1 comment: