Tuesday 14 June 2011

Back to basics

What I have found frustrating about myself when it comes to my path is when I hear about a subject that I have never heard of before and get really excited to learn more about it. Now that doesn't really sound like a bad thing, but I end up leaving the other subjects I was trying to learn more on and spend as much time as I can on this one subject..Until a few weeks later when I start to get stuck on where I go next from there.
As well I am not just focusing on one subject, I try to focus on so many that I end up not really interested in it because I can't seem to find any more information on the subjects.
I believe that this is why I have been feeling lost, stuck and disconnected from my path. As I was talking about this to my partner, he ended up telling me to close my eyes and pick out a colour with a subject, no second guessing, just the first colour and subject that came to my mind. So I did just that, about 3 times until I started to feel like I was second guessing myself.
Green - herbs, purple - cosmology and blue - Gods.
These will be the subjects that I will be focusing on for now, until I feel comfortable with what I know about each of them and even learn how to involve them in my practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment