Wednesday 17 November 2010

Review: The way of the green witch by Arin Murphy-Hiscock

When I saw this book on Amazon I was very unsure if I should get it, I already had a book by Arin Murphy-Hiscock and didn't really want to waste more money on this author. It had gone a few months and I was searching through Amazon again and what you know, the book was being recommend to me, not just on that site but a few other sites and blogs were praising this book so I took the hint and actually bought the book.
I waited a few weeks before actually reading it as there were a few other books which I wanted to get out of the way, but once I got down to reading this book I was so happy that I had bought it. It was nothing like how I expected it to be.

There are about 10 chapters to the book and then at the back of the book there are 2 Appendixes and a Bibliography as well as an index to the book.
Each chapter of the book talks about different aspects of the green witch's ways as well as talking about those who live in the city area and wish to carry out their path as a green witch. Which I found was really interesting and insightful.
She has also added a few recipes for a few bath products and some food recipes, also in the book there are correspondences to the different stones, herbs, plants, trees, and food which I like. Normally I don't like to work with correspondences as I like to ask the item myself what it can help me with, but I think it is helpful for those who do work with them.

I don't think there is anything I don't like about this book, it was very easy to read and get into. The author refers to the readers as "she" which may frustrate a few males who wish to read this book, but she explains why she has done that in the book.
I never put the book down when I started reading it, and I think it is a great book for everyone, even those who are not green witches, it is just a great book overall.

Where to buy this book:
Amazon.co.uk
Amazon.com
Play.com
Waterstones.com
Pagan-Magic.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment