Wednesday 1 December 2010

Ogham

Most of this year I have been trying to learn about Ogham. I thought it was going to be easy and something similar to the elder futhark runes..Oh how wrong I was about that and I feel it will be just the same when it comes to learning about the runes.

Although I could learn the basics about Ogham and then start using it for divination purpose, I feel that I would be cheating with myself. I want to dive right in and find all about it, well read up on all the information there is about this Alphabet and then use it for many other uses, such as for ritual purpose or to inscribe something on my staff etc. I don't just want to use it for divination as I feel it has so many more uses than that.

I am also hoping to create my own Ogham sticks, and when I do I will be posting many photos.

There is something about Ogham that has really pulled me close to it and I hope later on I will be able to tell you all more about this fantastically mysterious form of divination and alphabet.

No comments:

Post a Comment