Thursday 5 January 2012

12 Herbs Project

I have been inspired by a certain person on youtube, Pagyptsian, who has decided to work with 12 Gods and Goddesses, one for each month. This got me in the mood to do something similar but with herbs instead.
So for each month I will be working with one herb through that month, and hopefully I will be able to grow that herb and have a closer connection with it - that's if the herb doesn't die..

I have been trying to figure out which herb I should work with for each month and I don't want to work with a herb that would be difficult to grow in my area. And as I am forgetful at times and stupidly haven't actually noted anything down of what I have learnt about herbs before I think it would be best to go back to the more simple herbs.
To be honest I don't think I have really took the time to look at the simple herbs and see what they are useful for and if there is any other history with them, like basil, I don't know much about it because I see it everywhere and I have thought I knew more about it.

So these are the herbs that I am gonna work on throughout the year -

January - Basil
February - Dill
March - Chives
April - Thyme
May - Parsley
June - Oregano
July - Mint
August - Sage
September - Rosemary
October - Fennel
November - Tarragon
December - Borage

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting project.

    Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely plan! I'll be curious to see which of these botanicals resonate most deeply for you ... and become life-long allies. :)

    ReplyDelete