I saw a new post by towards-sustainability and saw on the "you might also like" list a recipe for Chocolate shortbread cookies. I also knew that I had all these ingredients, so off I went to do some baking :)
Ingredients½ cup icing sugar
250g butter, softened
1 cup flour
1 cup cornflour
¼ cup cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 160'C/ 320'F.
2. Place the butter and icing sugar in a mixing bowl and beat them until the mixture is creamy.
3. Sift together the cocoa powder, flour and cornflour. Then stir it into the butter mixture to form a dough.
4. Turn the dough onto a floured bench top and knead it lightly until it is smooth.
5. Roll spoonfuls of the mixture into little balls and place them on a greased baking tray, then flatten them slightly with a fork.
6. Bake them for 20-25 minutes or until they are firm. Remove from oven and let the cookies cool down on the tray. Makes around 30 cookies, or 40 small ones.
For me, it was slightly difficult to get the mixture into a dough, so my partner did some research and found that you could wrap the mixture up in cling film and squish it together, so that is what we did and then we made them into little balls.