Tuesday 8 December 2009

Winter Solstice

So before I start going on about 2010 I really should make a post about winter solstice. I haven't made a blog about the festivals in ages so I thought I should make this one :P

I haven't really got anything planned, just meditation (hopefully), lighting some incense, giving thanks to the land for all the warmth and food it has offered to us. Also putting back into the ground the acorns and conkers from Samhain. I normally celebrate winter solstice on the 21st December or when the full moon is (which I think is on the 31st December), so I think I will be celebrating at both times..If that makes any sense.

I do also celebrate Christmas (you should all know when that is), why? Because of my parents, my family. They have always celebrated it and I did when I was little and so it still stays. To me Christmas is a time to be thankful for those who are alive, like your family, friends, neighbours etc.

But anyways, in case I am not on here for winter solstice or Christmas (and if anyone reads this) I hope you all have a wonderful day :) Also I hope you all have a wonderful New Year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment