Friday 11 June 2010

Book review: The Healing Power of Faery by Edain McCoy

This book is all about becoming a faery shaman, working with faeries, elementals, spirits and other nature beings. I was very excited to read this book, but sadly it wasn't what I had hoped for.

Good points - helps your imagination get creative. When I was reading this book it got my mind thinking of the things that I wanted to do in my path with faeries and other beings. I didn't feel as if I had to do it the way she had wrote it.

Bad points - Every chapter left me with question marks, although that can be said as a good thing, I felt she didn't explain enough of why she had added a certain thing to this book.
I also felt that one section of her book was a big dangerous. The part where she talks about testing for allergies, she tells us to rub the fresh herb along our arm and then get a needle which has been sterilized and scratch the first layer of skin off so the herb oil can get into our body quicker for a better test. Then leave it for 24 hours to see if there is any rash, itchiness, redness to the arm.
Of course there is gonna be some redness and what not to the arm if you have just scratched the first layer of skin off! I have never heard of this way for testing, and to me it was a little bit stupid adding that in and not really explaining any further about it.

She does mention that if it plays up straight away to get some type of cream or to go to the doctors/hospital, which I felt was good but still it left a huge gap in my eyes.

Overall, the book was very difficult to read and I didn't enjoy it at all. I don't really recommend it, but if you do get it take it with a pinch of salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment