Tuesday 15 June 2010

The type of hedgewitchery that I do

I received a comment from Mrs.B asking what type of hedgewitchery do I practise, and I thought I should actually make a blog about it.

In my practise I do

  • Contact spirits, working with them in my everyday life, its easier for me since I am a medium so I don't always need to go into a trace to make contact.
  • Honour my ancestors, this may also be the same as working with spirits, but I feel that these two things are a bit different from each other. When working with spirits, I don't really know who I am gonna get..It isn't always someone from my family.
  • Healing, since I am a level 1 reiki practitioner again I have a "boost" to my healing ability, (not saying that everyone has to be a reiki practitioner to be able to heal, but it does help me alot), I also try and to healing with herbs, oils, crystals and stones. What I heal is the land, people, other beings, animals.
These are the 3 things that I mainly do in my path I guess.

So, have you done any trance work before?
No. I feel as though I haven't been given the "call" yet. That may sound odd, but I do not want to put myself in any danger, so I feel it would be best for me to prepare myself and get the call, rather than rushing into it and doing some damage.

In my practise I also do a lot of divination and learning about herbal remedies, creating my own herbal products. You could say these are hobbies and are just for fun, but for me I make sure I involve them in my practise. (By empowering them, putting healing energy into them etc).

Some can say that I do a little bit of each hedgewitchery, but I feel more closer to the "traditional" hedgewitchery.

So, what type of rituals/spells etc. Do you do then?
I don't have any specific spells or rituals. When I do a spell I will do it when I feel ready and work with what i have got, I don't really like to wait for the certain moon cycle, or what day/time etc..Like some other witches do.
My rituals are mainly when it is a festival, or when I am honouring my ancestors. I don't always do them a ritual, but at times I feel that they need a little more attention.

I am still finding pieces of my path, so at the moment I don't really do a lot when it comes to rituals and what not..

No comments:

Post a Comment